Preparing for the arrival of a new baby brings much excitement, but also plenty of stress. The calming effect of massage can help reduce stress levels and alleviate aches and pain associated with pregnancy.
Massage is perfectly safe in pregnancy. I will go through a comprehensive consultation with you but if you are in any doubt about your condition please consult your doctor.
What are the Benefits of Massage in Pregnancy?
- Stimulates circulation - this will distribute essential nutrients to all the vital organs, especially the placenta, which will feed and aid the baby's development.
- Improved circulation and lymphatic drainage.
- Improve the digestive order.
- Eases muscular tension of the upper back, shoulders, lower back and hips.
- Can reduce swollen ankles
- Helps to reduce emotional stress, anxiety and creates a sense of wellbeing.
- Helps to keep blood pressure balanced.
Receiving regular massage can make a mother more aware of her own body and can enhance her relationship with her body, her unborn child and her partner.