Who Might Experience PTSD?
* Are you a war veteran?
* Have you witnessed or been a victim of violent crime?
* Are you a survivor of childhood sexual or physical abuse?
* Have you been involved in or witnessed a serious accident?
* Have you been been tortured?
What are the Symptoms of PTSD?
* Perhaps you suffer from nightmares about the incident, you wake up in a cold sweat, you feel you can’t breathe, your heart races.
* Or perhaps you can’t sleep at all, you’re constantly on guard, alert and watchful, waiting to be ready for the next assualt to begin.
* Do you feel cold a lot of the time, or experience numbness in your body?
* Do you find it difficult to concentrate, does your mind wander and you’re unsure what is happening now and what is a flashback to things past?
* Whatever your symptoms, you’re likely to feel physically exhausted, your muscles tight, your mind and body unable to relax, to let go.
If you recognise any of these symptoms or you have experienced a traumatic incident and think you might have PTSD please consult your GP in the first instance. Your doctor can discuss your symptoms in detail and refer you to a specialist.
PTSD is usually treated by specialist trauma therapists who will help you to process what has happened to you. Touch therapy can only address the physical symptoms of the condition so it is important to seek professional psychological support as well. To read about how massage can help manage the symptons of PTSD click here.
I have written an article, How massage can help the ten physical symptoms of PTSD that you may find helpful
Confidentiality & Data Protection
Everything that happens and is discussed in our sessions is treated in strict confidence. All personal infomration is kept according to the 2002 Data Protection Act, which means your contact details and any notes made about our sessions will be stored securely and will not be shared with anyone else.
Sometimes it can be helpful to share some elements of our work with your other healthcare professionals. If this is the case your explicit consent will be sought.
To book an appointment or for more information please contact Kimberley on 07736 026054